Topics of Exploration
What are Second Graders learning?
- Math: place value, addition and subtraction with and without regrouping, data, time, money, measurement, shapes, and fractions
- Reading: reading for fun, fluency, comprehension, close reading, reading to understand why the author wrote the piece, understanding characters, structure, text elements
- Religion: Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Communion, forgiveness, God's love, praying the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy, caring for others, prayer
- Science: exploring properties of matter, how water works, how plants grow and survive, animals and habitats
- Social Studies: Our Community, Rules and Laws, Landforms, Local Community
- Writing: Narrative, Opinion, Informative